Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Happenings

A happy and prosperous New Year to you all! Mine feels a bit overwhelming already, even just two days in, what with the looming launch of Reese's Leap (the second in my Maine-based Island Mystery Series) and a book appearance calendar that's beginning to fill up.

First, a note about a few cool awards I've been lucky enough to receive. Though it won't be officially announced 'til later this month, I thought I'd let you know that Matinicus, the first book in the Island Mystery Series, has won Honorable Mention in the 2012 New England Book Festival Awards. In addition, the terrific mystery blog, BloodWrites, has chosen it as one of its "Top Five Mystery Reads of 2012". Not a bad way to end 2012!

Now for a few January events. On Wednesday, January 16th, you'll find me moderating a panel of memoirists at the Portsmouth Athenaeum's second Writers' Forum in downtown Portsmouth, NH. Then on January 19th, I'll be signing books at the New England Book Festival in Boston (awards to follow that evening), and on the 26th you can find me, along with a few other local writers, at "The Local Buzz Coffee House & Wine Bar," as we read from our latest books and chat with audience members about our work. Details about all these events can be found on my Amazon.com Author page events listings: http://www.amazon.com/Darcy-Scott/e/B003U7UR1W/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Hope to see some of you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment